From Betty's Soul Food Collection...What's for dinner? Tummy-warming biscuits and gravy in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 can (10.2 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits)
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups Progresso® reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- Bake biscuits as directed on can.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Set aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. With wire whisk, stir in flour, garlic powder and pepper. Gradually stir in broth and half-and-half. Cook until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Stir in cooked sausage. Split warm biscuits; place on serving plates. Serve sausage mixture over warm split biscuits.
- Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 270); Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 3 1/2g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 1170mg; Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g); Protein 14g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 15%. Exchanges: 2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 High-Fat Meat; 4 Fat. Carbohydrate Choices: 2.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet