- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 large onions, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 4 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (regular, Natural Goodness or Certified Organic)
- 4 cups peeled and diced kabocha squash *
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 slices bacon
- Heat the butter in a 6-quart saucepot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until tender. Add the broth and squash. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 30 minutes or until the squash is very tender.
- Pour half of the squash mixture into an electric blender container or food processor work bowl. Cover and blend until smooth. Repeat with the remaining squash mixture. Return to the pot and stir in the cream. Season to taste. Keep warm.
- Cook the bacon in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Remove the bacon with a fork and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon into bite-size pieces.
- Divide the soup among 6 serving bowls. Top each bowl of soup with some of the bacon.
- *Easy Substitution Tip: Substitute 1 package (20 ounces) frozen butternut squash for the kabocha squash.