Cook the pasta then toss everything together for this fast dinner recipe.
- 8 ounces dried bow tie and/or wagon wheel pasta
- 2 medium avocados, halved, seeded, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- 6 slices bacon, crisp cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Pecorino Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the avocados, bacon, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, pepper, and salt. Add the hot pasta and toss to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese. Makes 4 servings.
- Calories 491, Total Fat 26 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Monounsaturated Fat 15 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 18 mg, Sodium 358 mg, Carbohydrate 50 g, Total Sugar 3 g, Fiber 6 g, Protein 15 g. Daily Values: Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 14%, Iron 21%.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet