Strawberry-flavored gelatin is the secret ingredient that makes this crunchy fun snack sparkly pink and flavorful.
- 9 cups Rice Chex® cereal
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 box strawberry-flavored gelatin (8-serving size)
- Measure cereal into large bowl.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butter uncovered on High 1 minute. Stir; microwave 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- In 2-gallon large food-storage plastic bag, mix powdered sugar and gelatin. Add cereal mixture. Seal bag and shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper; cool about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
- Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 130mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 20g); Protein 2g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 15%. Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Carbohydrate Choices: 2.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet