Doesn't this sound amazing? Thin slices of veal rolled around a filling of prosciutto, pine nuts and mozzarella, simmered in Italian sauce and served with garlic cheese bread. Best of all, it's ready in under an hour.
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 6 slices prosciutto, cut into thirds
- 1 1/4 lb. veal scalloppine, cut into 18 pieces and pounded thin
- 1/4 lb. mozzarella cheese, cut into matchstick-thin strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce OR Prego® Heart Smart Traditional Italian Sauce
- 1 pkg. (10 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Mozzarella Garlic Bread
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Stir the bread crumbs and pine nuts in a small bowl.
- Divide the prosciutto among the veal pieces. Top each with 1 tablespoon bread crumb mixture. Divide the cheese among the veal pieces. Roll up the veal pieces around the filling. Thread 3 veal rolls onto each of 6 (6-inch) skewers.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the skewers and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Pour the sauce over the skewers. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until the veal is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bake the bread according to the package directions.
- Cut the bread into 2-inch diagonal slices. Serve the bread with the veal and sauce. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, if desired.