- 4 bone-in, center-cut pork chops each 1 inch thick (about 2-1/2 pounds total)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Sun-Dried Tomato & Chipotle Pesto
- 1 cup loosely packed roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes; plus 2 tablespoons of the oil from the jar
- 2 medium or 1 large canned chipotle chiles in adobo; plus 2 teaspoons of the adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Position an oven rack 6 inches from the broiler element and heat the broiler to high. Set the pork chops on a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet or broiler pan. Season both sides of the pork chops with the salt and a few grinds black pepper and then cover both sides of the pork with the pesto--it should completely cover the pork. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Broil until the pesto darkens and any exposed parts of the pork chops become brown, about 4 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until the pork becomes firm to the touch and registers 145 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, another 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the chops to serving plates. If any pesto remains on the pan, scrape it up and top the chops with it. Serve immediately.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and pasty.