- 1 (3 3/4- to 4-pound) pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut pumpkin in half vertically. Using a spoon, scoop out seeds and pulp, discarding pulp. Wash seeds thoroughly. Spread seeds in an even layer on a baking sheet to dry; set aside for later use.
- Place pumpkin halves, cut side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until flesh is very tender. Cool until able to handle. Scoop out pumpkin flesh.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, puree pumpkin flesh until smooth. Drain for several hours in a colander lined with cheesecloth or coffee filters.