Whipping cream enriches this herbed tomato and meat sauce. Serve it over your favorite pasta.
- 12 ounces ground beef or ground raw turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14-ounce cans Italian-style tomatoes, cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces packaged dried fusilli, vermicelli, or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- For sauce, in a large saucepan cook beef or turkey, onion, and garlic until meat is brown. Drain fat. Stir in undrained tomatoes, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 40 minutes or until most of liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- Gradually stir the whipping cream into the sauce. Heat through, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley.
- Arrange the pasta on individual plates or a large platter. Spoon the sauce over the pasta. If desired, garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
- Calories 523, Total Fat 21 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 94 mg, Sodium 534 mg, Carbohydrate 59 g, Protein 26 g.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet