Chicken drumsticks are served with a simple vegetable and rice mixture in this quick-fix dinner.
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped (2 Tbsp.)
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 large carrots, chopped or sliced
- 1 14.8-oz. pkg. cooked long grain rice
- 8 oz. sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup chopped red sweet pepper (optional)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Sliced Green Onion (optional)
- Soy sauce and/or toasted sesame oil (optional)
- In large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon cooking oil over medium-high. Add chicken, half the ginger, and soy sauce. Brown chicken on all sides. Add 1/2 cup water. Cook, covered, 15 minutes or until no pink remains in chicken.
- In covered microwave-safe dish place carrots, remaining ginger, and 2 tablespoons water. Cook on HIGH 4 minutes. Add rice, peas, pepper. Cook, covered, 5 minutes; stir twice.
- Remove chicken and juices. Wipe skillet with paper towels; return to heat. add eggs, cook and stir 30 seconds to scramble. Stir in rice mixture; heat through. Serve chicken and juices with fried rice, onions, and soy sauce.
- Calories 421, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Monounsaturated Fat 5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 271 mg, Sodium 667 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g, Total Sugar 4 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 25 g. Daily Values: Vitamin C 64%, Calcium 7%, Iron 19%.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet