Top a prebaked pizza crust with tomato, cheese and herbs for an Italian favorite that's ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 package prebaked original Italian pizza crust (12 inch, 14 ounces)
- 1 medium roma (plum) tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup finely shredded Italian cheese blend (4 ounces)
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. In small bowl, mix garlic, oil and oregano; brush over pizza crust. Top with tomato, basil and cheese.
- Cover and grill over medium-low heat 7 to 9 minutes, moving pizza around grill every 2 minutes to prevent bottom from burning, until cheese is melted.
- Cut pizza into 36 squares. Serve immediately.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Grill over low heat.
- Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 340mg; Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 0g); Protein 8g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 8%. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat. Carbohydrate Choices: 1.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet