Seamus Mullen marinates leg-of-lamb pieces in a mix of more than 10 ingredients (including saffron and Spanish paprika), many of which he also uses to make the accompanying salsa verde. Save a step and marinate the lamb in a bit of the salsa verde.
- 1/4 cup packed mint leaves
- 1/4 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a food processor, combine the mint, parsley, and chives with the shallot, lemon juice, sherry vinegar, crushed red pepper, and a pinch of salt and process until finely chopped. Add the olive oil and process the salsa verde until smooth.
- Transfer half of the salsa verde to a small bowl. Transfer the remaining salsa verde to another bowl and stir in the paprika and cumin. Add the lamb pieces and turn to coat thoroughly. Thread the lamb onto 8 long skewers and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Grill the lamb skewers over high heat, turning them occasionally, until the lamb is lightly charred in spots, about 6 minutes for medium meat. Serve the lamb skewers with the salsa verde.
- The salsa verde can be covered and refrigerated overnight.