It takes just one pan and some family friendly ingredients to make this kicked up beef and bean skillet that gets really good when it's topped with melted Cheddar cheese.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Pace® Picante Sauce
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 flour tortillas (6-inch), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook the beef and onion in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring to break up the meat. Pour off any fat.
- Stir in the picante sauce, beans and tortillas and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling, stirring often. Top with the cheese.