Who wants a heavy dessert after a rich lasagna meal? This easy treat will satisfy your sweet tooth without making you feel stuffed. The frozen cubes blended to create the granita can be made ahead and stored in the freezer for 1 week.
- 2 cups fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- 2 2/3 cups unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Puree all ingredients in blender until smooth. Pour into 2 or 3 plastic ice cube trays. Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight, until firmly frozen.
- Twist cubes out of trays and into bowl of food processor. Blend 30 seconds, or until smooth, evenly colored, and snowy. Scoop into individual bowls, and serve immediately.
- Calories 94, Total Fat 1 g, Sodium 11 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g, Sugars 21 g.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet