This homemade creamy garlic-lemon dressing recipe is healthful with creamy plain yogurt. Tossed with greens and topped with grilled salmon, this one-dish recipe is worthy of serving to guests.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen skinless, boneless salmon fillets, 1 inch thick
- Nonstick spray coating
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved (optional)
- In a small saucepan heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Cook and stir garlic in hot oil for 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic is lightly golden. Transfer garlic to a blender container. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, water, and pepper. Cover; blend until combined. Reserve 2 tablespoons of garlic mixture; set aside. Add yogurt to remaining garlic mixture in blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Chill until serving time.
- Thaw salmon, if frozen. Rinse salmon; pat dry. Brush the reserved garlic mixture evenly over salmon. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Spray the unheated rack of a broiler pan with nonstick coating. Place the salmon on the rack. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss romaine, onion, and Parmesan cheese with the chilled yogurt mixture. Divide romaine mixture among 4 salad plates. Place one salmon fillet on each salad. Top with tomatoes and, if desired, olives. Makes 4 servings.
- Calories 234, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 21 mg, Sodium 331 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 19 g. Daily Values: Vitamin C 95%, Calcium 16%, Iron 19%. Exchanges: Vegetable 2, Lean Meat 2, Fat 1.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet