Every bite of this spectacular mascarpone cheese dessert tantalizes the taste buds.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese or one 8-ounce tub cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- Chocolate curls or grated chocolate (optional)
- For crust, in a medium mixing bowl combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in margarine or butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into an 11- to 13-inch pizza pan. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely.
- Just before serving, in a medium mixing bowl beat whipping cream with an electric mixer on low speed just until soft peaks form. Add mascarpone cheese or cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon peel; beat until fluffy (mixture will thicken as it is beaten).
- Spread cheese mixture atop cooled crust. Top with strawberries. Garnish with chocolate curls or grated chocolate, if desired. Serve immediately. Makes 12 servings.
- Calories 329, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 42 mg, Sodium 138 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Protein 6 g.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet