Plain risotto is good, but our version, flavored with sauteed mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach is truly delectable.
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, cut up
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 2 cups firmly packed chopped fresh spinach
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 3 1/2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness or Certified Organic)
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until they're tender. Add the tomatoes and spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Heat the remaining oil in a 2-quart saucepan. Add the rice and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup broth and cook and stir until it's absorbed. Add the remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until it's absorbed before adding more.
- Stir the mushroom mixture, cheese and basil in the saucepan and cook until the mixture is hot.
- You can substitute Parmesan cheese for the Romano, if you prefer.