Healthy white beans are flavored with rosemary and garlic, then topped with lamb chops to make this impressive skillet meal.
- 8 lamb rib chops, cut 1 inch thick (1-1/2 pounds total)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 19-ounce can white kidney (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 8-ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary
- Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- Trim fat from chops. In a large skillet cook chops in hot oil over medium heat about 8 minutes for medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning once. Transfer chops to a plate; keep warm.
- Stir garlic into drippings in skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in beans, undrained tomatoes, vinegar, and snipped rosemary. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Spoon bean mixture onto 4 dinner plates; arrange 2 chops on each serving. If desired, garnish with rosemary sprigs. Makes 4 servings.
- Calories 272, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 67 mg, Sodium 466 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Fiber 6 g, Protein 30 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 13%, Calcium 4%, Iron 21%.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet