This vibrant and distinctive main dish features a bed of crisp salad greens topped with a Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Shell, brimming with tender glazed salmon and a refreshing citrus salsa made with oranges, tomato, onion, capers and cilantro.
- 1 pkg. (10 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Shells
- 1 -pound salmon fillet, cut into 6 pieces
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large orange, peeled and diced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp. capers, drained
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Bake, cool and remove the "tops" of the pastry shells according to the package directions.
- Place the salmon into a broiling pan. Beat the vinegar, mustard and oil in a small bowl with a fork or whisk. Drizzle half of the vinegar mixture over the salmon. Broil for 10 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Stir the orange, tomatoes, onion, capers and cilantro in a medium bowl. Add the remaining vinegar mixture and toss to coat.
- Divide the salad greens among 6 plates. Place the pastry shells in the center of the salad greens. Place 1 piece salmon into each pastry shell. Top each with about 1/4 cup citrus salsa. Serve immediately.