- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups dill chips, well drained
- In a deep fryer or a large Dutch oven with a deep-frying thermometer, heat oil to 360 degrees.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together cornmeal mix, flour, and black pepper.
- In another bowl, combine egg and milk.
- Dip dill chips in milk mixture and roll in cornmeal mixture. Fry pickles in batches for approximately 3 minutes per batch until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.