Forget sandwiches--here's a tastier way to use leftover roast beef. And it's prepared start-to-finish in just 20 minutes.
- 2 cups water
- 1 10.75-ounce can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 10.75-ounce can condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked roast beef
- 1 16-ounce package frozen sugar snap stir-fry vegetables or one 16-ounce package frozen cut broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven combine water, mushroom soup, tomato soup, and wine. Stir in beef, frozen vegetables, and thyme.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring frequently. Continue cooking, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Makes 5 servings
- Calories 304, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Monounsaturated Fat 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 56 mg, Sodium 852 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Total Sugar 6 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 23 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 36%, Calcium 5%, Iron 21%. Exchanges: Vegetable 1, Other Carbohydrate 2, Lean Meat 3.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet