Cooking a hearty main-dish soup is quick and easy with a Hamburger Helper® mix.
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 5 cups hot water
- 1 box Hamburger Helper® chili macaroni
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (from 28-oz can)
- 1 can (11 oz) Green Gianti® Mexicorni® whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, undrained
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons sliced pitted ripe olives
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, cook beef, onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in hot water, sauce mix (from Hamburger Helper box), chili powder, garlic salt and tomatoes. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in uncooked pasta (from Hamburger Helper box), corn and olives. Cover; cook 10 minutes longer.
- Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 990mg; Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 8g); Protein 18g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 6%; Iron 20%. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1/2 Fat. Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet