Tender, cheese-filled tortellini turns this hearty bean and vegetable soup into a family favorite.
- 4 carrots, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness or Certified Organic)
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the carrots, onion, celery, garlic, thyme and 2 cups of the broth in a 6-quart saucepot. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Add the remaining broth, zucchini, tomatoes, tortellini and beans. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the tortellini is tender. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.