This simple and sweet appetizer soup is a delicious starter for Thanksgiving dinner. It can be served as a warm holiday sipper too.
- 3-1/2 cups pomegranate juice or red grape juice
- 1 2-inch strip tangerine peel
- 1/2 tsp. coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- In a medium saucepan heat pomegranate or grape juice just to simmering; remove from heat. Add tangerine peel and coriander; let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Strain juice through a fine mesh sieve. Discard solids. Sweeten to taste. To serve, ladle juice into small heatproof cups.
- Makes 10 to 11, 1/3 cup servings
- Calories 53, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 4 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Total Sugar 12 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 0 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 16%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet