Gutsy in flavor, but low in fat, this chicken and vegetable meal is healthy and easy to prepare.
- 1 tsp. cooking oil
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts or turkey breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. bottled minced garlic
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 14 1/2-oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14-oz. can chicken broth
- 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen succotash
- In a large saucepan cook chicken, half at a time, in hot oil over medium-high heat until brown. Remove chicken.
- Add onion to saucepan; cover and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin, and cinnamon; cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, broth, and succotash. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in chicken; heat through.
- Calories 293, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 772 mg, Carbohydrate 40 g, Total Sugar 4 g, Fiber 10 g, Protein 29 g.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet