Make this beef and bean chili for game day with friends or when you're expecting a crowd for dinner.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green or red sweet pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 12-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15-ounce can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook ground beef, onion, sweet pepper, and garlic in a 4-quart Dutch oven or pot until meat is brown and onion is tender; drain off fat.
- Stir in water and tomato paste until combined. Stir in undrained diced tomatoes, mustard, chili powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and cumin. Stir in kidney beans and Great Northern beans.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Top each serving with cheddar cheese. Makes 8 to 10 servings.