Hearty chunks of zucchini, onion, carrots, mushrooms and peppers simmer with red and black beans in a rich Italian sauce.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 large zucchini, chopped (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 large carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 pkg. (10 ounces) mushroom, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 large red peppers, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups Prego® Heart Smart Traditional Italian Sauce or Heart Smart Onion and Garlic Italian Sauce
- 2 tsp. ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- Heat the oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium heat. Add the onion, zucchini, carrots, mushrooms and peppers and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring often.
- Stir the beans, sauce, chipotle pepper and oregano in the saucepot and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.