Serve zesty chili over hot cooked spaghetti for a mouthwatering 30-minute meal.
- 10 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jar chunky vegetable-style tomato pasta sauce (26 to 28 ounces)
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained (15 to 16 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.
- While spaghetti is cooking, heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook turkey, onion and garlic in oil 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink.
- Stir pasta sauce, beans and chili powder into turkey mixture; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve sauce over spaghetti.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No changes.
- Calories 625 (Calories from Fat 135); Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 3g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 1020mg; Total Carbohydrate 96g (Dietary Fiber 11g); Protein 37g. Daily Values: ; Iron 38%. Exchanges: 6 Starch; 1 Vegetable. Carbohydrate Choices: 6 1/2.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet