Bone-in chicken, Italian sauce, olives, capers and a little wine make this dish both country-style and really tasty! Plus, it's made in just one saucepot, so clean up is a breeze.
- 2 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
- 5 to 6 pounds chicken parts
- 3 1/2 cups Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce OR Prego® Roasted Garlic and Herb Italian Sauce
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 4 sliced mushrooms (about 12 ounces)
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cans (2.25 ounces each) sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 8 cups hot cooked couscous
- Heat the oil in an 8-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken in 2 batches and cook for 10 minutes or until it's well browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the saucepot. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the sauce, wine, mushrooms, onion, parsley, olives and capers in the saucepot and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the saucepot. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover the saucepot and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken mixture with the couscous.
- To make ahead, prepare the recipe as directed above. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Heat in the saucepot over low heat for 15 minutes or until the mixture is heated through, stirring often.