Coat chunks of zesty kielbasa with a sweet apricot-and-orange glaze. Great alternative to bacon!
- 2 rings kielbasa sausage (1 pound each)
- 12 wooden skewers (6 to 8 inch)
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water at least 30 minutes before using to prevent burning. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Cut kielbasa at an angle into 48 chunks, about 1 inch each. On each skewer, thread 4 chunks of sausage; place in pan.
- In small bowl, mix preserves and orange juice with fork; brush glaze over kabobs. Turn kabobs over; brush other side.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until kielbasa is browned.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
- Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 190); Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 710mg; Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g); Protein 8g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 2%. Exchanges: 0 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat. Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet