Supper simmers while you put your feet up! Spicy sausage skillet simmers with veggies and snazzy Pace® to serve over linguine.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 small pork sausage links, cut up
- 1/4 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Pace® Picante Sauce or Pace® Chunky Salsa
- 3 medium green or red peppers, cut into 1/4-inch rings (about 24 rings)
- 1 medium onion, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 of a 16-ounce package linguine, cooked and drained (about 4 cups)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, sausages and Italian seasoning. Cook until the sausages are well browned and cooked through.
- Stir the picante sauce, peppers, onion and mushrooms in the skillet. Heat to a boil. Cover the skillet. Reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Serve over the linguine and sprinkle with the cheese.