This cool, slightly spicy condiment can be served with tortilla chips as an hors d'oeuvre or used as a topping for black bean soup.
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into small dice
- 1 poblano chile
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 teaspoon)
- 1 jalapeno chile, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- Preheat oven to broil. Roast poblano chile 15 to 20 minutes, or until skin is blackened, turning occasionally. Cool until easy to handle. Remove charred skin, discard seeds and stem, and cut into small dice. Combine poblano, cucumber, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, and salt in small bowl. Gently fold in avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
- Calories 50, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Sodium 197 mg, Carbohydrate 5 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 1 g, Sugars 1 g.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet