Serve these elegant hors d'oeuvres the next day; no one will ever know they're made from holiday leftovers!
- 3 ounces rice noodles
- 3 shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 12 spring roll wrappers or rice paper wrappers
- 2 cups thin strips vegan turkey roast, or 1 5.5-ounce package vegan turkey slices cut into thin strips
- 1 small cucumber, sliced into matchsticks (1 cup)
- 2 small carrots, sliced into matchsticks (1 cup)
- 1 medium avocado, diced (1 cup)
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 small red onion, minced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup plain peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 green onion, minced
- To make Spring Rolls: Submerge rice noodles in warm water 8 to 10 minutes, until soft and clear. Drain, and cut noodles into 2-inch pieces. Set aside. Toss mushrooms with soy sauce in bowl, and set aside.
- Submerge 1 spring roll wrapper in large bowl of cold water 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened. Lay wrapper flat on work surface and arrange vegan-turkey strips, cucumber, carrots, avocado, basil, cilantro, onion, and peanuts in log shape in center of wrapper. Sprinkle with chili oil, and roll wrapper like burrito, folding ends to seal.
- To make Dipping Sauce: Combine rice wine vinegar and green onion in small bowl. Serve Spring Rolls, whole or halved, with Dipping Sauce.
- Calories 234, Total Fat 6.5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Sodium 168 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 7 g, Sugars 2 g.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet