Here's another simple way to enjoy the delights of this super food: blueberries! This recipe is loaded with good things in addition to the berries. Cinnamon, cloves, sherry...it's all good.
- 2 cups of blueberries, fresh or frozen dry
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 stick cinnamon tied in a bag with 4 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoons sherry
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 3 to 4 minutes, remove the spice in the bag.
- Thicken, only if necessary, with 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in a little cold water.