Instead of rolling out a crust, top a mouth-watering mixture of veggies and turkey with easy-to-make biscuits.
- 2 1/2 cups baby-cut carrots (12 ounces)
- 2 cups cut-up fresh broccoli
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-ounce carton)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In 2-quart saucepan, heat 1 cup water to boiling. Add carrots and broccoli; cook about 4 minutes or until carrots and broccoli are crisp-tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Beat in flour with wire whisk. Gradually beat in broth and sage. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens. Stir carrots, broccoli and turkey into sauce. Spoon turkey mixture into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Place bacon on microwavable plate; cover with microwavable paper towel. Microwave on High 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp. Crumble bacon; place in medium bowl. Add remaining biscuit ingredients; stir just until blended. Spoon biscuit batter around edge of turkey mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until biscuit crust is golden brown.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
- Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 900mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 5g); Protein 23g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 170%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 15%; Iron 10%. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Fat. Carbohydrate Choices: 2.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet