Avocado replaces the eggs and most of the oil in a rich, chocolaty batter that turns out supermoist baked goodies.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup plain soymilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 block soft silken tofu (from 14-ounce container), drained and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semisweet vegan chocolate, melted
- To make Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl. Puree avocado in food processor until smooth. Add maple syrup, soymilk, oil, and vanilla, and blend until creamy. Whisk avocado mixture into flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared cupcake cups. Bake 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out with some crumbs attached. Cool.
- To make Glaze: Blend tofu, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt in food processor until smooth. Add chocolate to tofu mixture and blend until smooth. Transfer to bowl. Dip tops of Cupcakes into Glaze, pulling straight up from Glaze to form peaks.
- Calories 287, Total Fat 12.5 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Sodium 304 mg, Carbohydrate 44 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 4 g, Sugars 24 g.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet