Firm, earthy-tasting French green lentils hold their own in this salad.
- 1 cup French green lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 4 cups arugula leaves, chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add lentils. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Transfer to bowl, and stir in 1 tablespoon vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cool, stirring occasionally.
- Pour 1-1/4 cups boiling water over couscous in large bowl. Stir in salt, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork, and stir in 2 teaspoon oil. Cool.
- Whisk together garlic paste, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar and mint in small bowl. Stir dressing and lentils into couscous.
- Just before serving, add arugula, tomatoes and feta.
- Calories 257, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 6 mg, Sodium 309 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g, Fiber 10 g, Protein 11 g, Sugars 3 g
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet