The abundance of seeds in this hearty bread creates a wonderful crunch.
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons canola oil or cooking oil
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 4 teaspoons gluten flour*
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seed
- 1/4 cup sesame seed
- 2 tablespoons poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons flax seed*
- 3/4 teaspoon anise seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add ingredients to bread machine (with a capacity of at least 10 cups) according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select basic or whole wheat cycle, medium color setting. Makes 1 loaf (16 servings).
- Health food stores typically carry these items.
- Calories 150, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 103 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 5 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 12%.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet