Bisquick Heart Smart® recipe! Trying to eat more fish? Adding herbs is a tasty way to savor your favorite fillets.
- 1/2 pound fish fillets, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Bisquick Heart Smart® mix
- 2 tablespoons Progresso® garlic herb bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white or 2 tablespoons fat-free egg product
- Cut fish into 2 serving pieces. In 8-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- In small shallow dish, stir together Bisquick® mix, bread crumbs, basil and salt. In another shallow dish, beat egg white. Dip fish into egg white, then coat with Bisquick mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook fish in oil 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork and is brown on both sides.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
- Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 530mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g); Protein 25g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 8%; Iron 8%. Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat. Carbohydrate Choices: 1.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet