When fresh berries are in season, make these mini fruit desserts. Kids love that they get their very own.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lime zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lime zest
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 7 cups fresh raspberries or blueberries
- Make dough: Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, zest, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. With fingers or a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cream just until mixture comes together. Gently knead in bowl just until it forms a dough.
- Make filling: In a large bowl whisk together flour, juice, and zest until smooth. Add 1 cup sugar and whisk until blended. Gently stir in berries to coat with sugar mixture. Divide berries evenly among 8 ramekins. Top each with 1/8 of dough. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar and bake on a cookie sheet until berries are bubbling and top is golden brown and cooked through, about 25 minutes. Makes 8 servings.
- Calories 335, Total Fat 10.5 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 33 mg, Sodium 179 mg, Carbohydrate 59 g, Fiber 6 g, Protein 4 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet