Looking for some comfort food? Try these fork-tender short ribs, that bake in a flavorful tomato based sauce until the meat practically falls off the bones.
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 lb. beef short ribs, cut into individual rib pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 3/4 cups Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce or Prego® Marinara Italian Sauce
- 1 3/4 cups Swanson® Beef Stock
- Spray an 6-quart oven-safe saucepot with the cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the ribs in 2 batches and cook until they're browned on all sides. Remove the ribs from the saucepot. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery to the saucepot and cook until they're tender. Stir the sauce and stock in the saucepot and heat to a boil. Return the ribs to the saucepot. Cover the saucepot.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour 30 minutes or until the ribs are fork-tender.
- *Or on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- For Slow-Cooked Bistro-Style Ribs, brown the ribs in a 12-inch skillet as directed in Step 1. Place the onion, carrots and celery in a 5-quart slow cooker. Top with the ribs. Pour the sauce and stock in the cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours * or until the ribs are fork-tender.