Double the flavor in this wonderful meat loaf by using some of the bountiful sauce inside and some on top of the final dish.
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Prego® Chunky Garden Mushroom Supreme Italian Sauce with Baby Portobello
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix 1/2 cup of the sauce, beef, onion, bread crumbs and egg thoroughly. Shape firmly into an 8 x 4-inch loaf in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Heat the remaining sauce in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Serve with the meat loaf.