This delectable baked dish features penne pasta and broccoli flowerets mixed with a flavorful Alfredo-like sauce - baked until hot and bubbly, it's an unforgettable recipe!
- 6 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 4 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Add the broccoli for the last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain the pasta mixture well in a colander.
- Stir the soup, milk and black pepper in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Stir in the pasta mixture, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pasta mixture is hot and bubbling and the cheese is melted.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with baby greens (spinach, arugula and frisee) salad tossed with lemon mustard vinaigrette. For dessert serve fresh strawberry shortcake with whipped cream.
- Creamy white pastas like this one taste great with the tang and heat of crushed red pepper flakes. Serve it on the side.