Let the flavor of the fresh vegetable shine through when you combine chicken broth and butter to make a light and flavorful glaze to coat tender-crisp asparagus. This recipe goes from fridge to table in just 15 minutes.
- 1/2 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth (Regular or Certified Organic)
- 2 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tbsp. butter
- Heat the broth in a 12-inch skillet over high heat to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Add the butter.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes or until the liquid thickens and the asparagus is tender-crisp.
- Use frozen broccoli flowerets or sliced carrots for the asparagus.