To add more flavor to this saucy favorite, we suggest Hungarian paprika. It comes in both hot and sweet versions.
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (3 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Hungarian paprika or paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (10 ounces)
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 8-ounce carton dairy sour cream or light dairy sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Hot cooked wide noodles
- Snipped parsley (optional)
- In a 10-inch skillet cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic in melted margarine or butter over medium heat about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in paprika and pepper. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in cubed cooked chicken, chicken broth, and tomato paste. Bring to boiling.
- Stir together sour cream and flour. Stir into mixture in skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Serve chicken mixture over noodles. Garnish with snipped parsley, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Calories 587, Total Fat 32 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 127 mg, Sodium 670 mg, Carbohydrate 44 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 32 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 32%, Vitamin C 5%, Calcium 11%, Iron 4%.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet