You can have a veggie-packed, homemade spaghetti dinner on your table in just 15 minutes.
- 1 package spaghetti (16 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices (2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, diced (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained, coarsely chopped (7 ounces)
- 2 cups any variety tomato pasta sauce or Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh or 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- Shredded or grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, onions and garlic; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except basil and cheese. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot. Stir in basil. Serve sauce over spaghetti. Sprinkle with cheese. Makes about 5 1/2 cups sauce.
- *Find the recipe for the Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce on BettyCrocker.com.
- Calories 470 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 560mg; Total Carbohydrate 84g (Dietary Fiber 8g, Sugars 12g); Protein 16g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 100%; Vitamin C 70%; Calcium 8%; Iron 25%. Exchanges: 4 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Carbohydrate Choices: 5 1/2.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet