Homemade ketchup is so easy and flavorful, especially when you add a splash of bourbon to the tomatoes. It's a perfect topper for a steak dinner.
- 2 28-oz. cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup bourbon or apple cider
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- In a saucepan combine tomatoes, vinegar, bourbon, olive oil, garlic, oregano, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat, Simmer, uncovered, 35 minutes or until juices are nearly evaporated. Cool to room temperature. Serve with Flank Steak. Makes 4 cups.