Serve these saucy ribs, hot off the grill, with potato salad and corn on the cob.
- 3 to 4 pounds meaty pork spareribs or loin back ribs
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 1/4 cup bottled chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- Fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces. Place ribs in a large pot. Add enough water to cover ribs. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 1 hour or until meat is tender. Drain ribs; sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Meanwhile, chop any large pieces of chutney. In a medium saucepan combine the chutney with the chili sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon water, dry mustard, onion powder, and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Place ribs, meaty side down, on rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill 10 minutes. Turn ribs meaty side up; brush with some of the chutney sauce. Grill 5 minutes more. Pass remaining warmed chutney sauce. Garnish ribs with fresh thyme sprigs, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
- Calories 421, Total Fat 23 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 297 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 23 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 13%, Calcium 4%, Iron 14%.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet