Serve these low calorie grilled fish kabobs over a bed of rice.
- 12 ounces skinless tuna steaks
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon snipped green onion tops or snipped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh
- 1/2 medium pineapple, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red or green sweet pepper, cubed
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup honey
- Cut tuna into 1-inch cubes. Place in a large plastic bag. Add soy sauce, water, snipped green onion tops or chives, and ginger. Seal bag and turn gently to coat cubes. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Drain, reserving marinade.
- Thread tuna, pineapple, sweet pepper, and green onion pieces onto skewers. Grill kabobs, uncovered, directly over medium coals for 6 to 9 minutes or until tuna just flakes easily with a fork, turning once.
- Meanwhile, bring reserved marinade to boiling; strain. Discard any solids. Stir honey into hot marinade. Brush tuna, fruit, and vegetables generously with honey-soy mixture just before serving. Makes 4 servings.
- Calories 251, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 32 mg, Sodium 446 mg, Carbohydrate 32 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 22 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 53%, Vitamin C 69%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet