It's magic from the grill. Salmon gets jazzed with a mighty marinade and a mango salsa.
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Dash red pepper sauce
- 1 medium mango, peeled, seed removed and diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki baste and glaze (from 12-ounce bottle)
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 lb salmon fillets
- In small glass or plastic bowl, mix lime peel, lime juice, honey and pepper sauce. Add mango and onion; toss. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
- In shallow glass or plastic dish, mix teriyaki glaze and gingerroot. Add salmon, turning skin side up. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Carefully brush vegetable oil on grill rack.
- Place salmon, skin side up, on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 2 minutes. Turn salmon. Cover grill; cook 5 to 10 minutes longer or until salmon flakes easily with fork. Serve with salsa.
- Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 65mg; Sodium 370mg; Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 15g); Protein 21g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6%. Exchanges: 0 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 Lean Meat. Carbohydrate Choices: 1.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet