Little time to cook? Bake ready-coated fish fillets, top with mushroom sauce, and serve in just 30 minutes.
- 6 2- to 3-ounce frozen crumb-coated or battered fried fish fillets
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups hot cooked pasta or rice
- Bake fish fillets according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan cook mushrooms in hot oil until tender. Stir in cornstarch; add undrained tomatoes and pepper. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- To serve, spoon tomato mixture over fish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with pasta or rice. Makes 6 servings.
- Calories 312, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 66 mg, Sodium 628 mg, Carbohydrate 40 g, Protein 15 g.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet